Monday, August 10, 2009

My First Demolition Derby

Last week was the Delta County Fair, and Ryan took me to my very first demolition derby! I was so excited, and the place was PACKED. Unfortunately, the fair workers wet the field about 2 hours before the show -- so the cars couldn't go too fast and hurt the drivers -- and then it rained very hard for a good 20 minutes. So most of the show was watching cars overheat trying to move through the thick mud. :) It was still fun though!


I think the best part was when one driver gave up on getting out of the mud and shot fireworks off the hood of his car. Then he kept revving it until the hood went up in flames. He got a big crowd response to that.


And during the breaks Ryan and I went around to see the animals. It was amazing to see such little kids lead around cows and take care of pigs and do just about everything. 4H is very big here.

We liked seeing the chickens best because now we know something about them, but Ryan also loved this comparison:

Who's bigger?

1 comment:

Christa said...

Still looking cute and pregnant.