Monday, May 10, 2010

What the What?

About 3 weeks ago, our local newspaper published an ad looking for an appointee to the district school board. One of the elected members had to withdraw because of health issues, and the remaining school board members needed to choose someone to replace him for the remainder of the term -- about a year and a half. I decided to apply.

A week later, I got a letter saying that the appointee would be chosen after a public Q&A panel with the 6 applicants. I spent the week researching and preparing, and last Thursday I was on a panel with the other applicants. A moderator asked us questions, chosen by the school board, on a rotating basis. It was very intimidating.

Then, about 10 minutes ago, I got a call saying the board picked me. I am now a district school board member.

What the what??

Bring it.

1 comment:

Sabs said...

woo hoo! congrats!