Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm so lame

I'm somewhat ashamed to say that this year I have gotten sucked into The Bachelor. Hey, I feed Vivi for a lot of the day, and I need stuff to watch! **I don't watch The Bachelor until Tuesday when it posts on Hulu, so NEVER talk about this show with me before Wednesdays!** OK. For those of you who also watch The Bachelor, here's my take on it:

Jake is no dummy. I've seen shows like this before where the guys are SO DENSE. Jake called out Elizabeth (I think that was her name) on her teasing, and he called out Vienna on how she brings it on herself. A lot of times he'll make comments that I think are very perceptive. And I like that he's sending girls home so quickly. He's right -- why waste their time? However, that also means he'll have less time with the girls he does like, since the show will end sooner.

So far, I've been ok with his choices. Except for -- and I know everyone feels this way -- Vienna. Seriously, dude. Let her go. I respect that he's determined to decide for himself and not base it on what the other girls say, but really. We can all tell you're not into her anymore.

I liked Ali at first, but now she's just a brat. Vienna's still there. We know. Get over it. But Jake obviously likes her.

I like Corrie, but I think she'll be the next to go, since the show doesn't spotlight her very much.

My favorite is Tenley. Jake likes her, and she seems kind.

On the castoffs: Jake's right. Ashleigh was smokin'. But they obviously had no connection. Jessie was an obvious choice since we didn't see much of her. Kathryn was a sourpuss with a chip on her shoulder. Elizabeth was a tease and playing a game. Rozlyn was a slut. Ella I liked because she was a lady and didn't drape herself over Jake all the time. But she wasn't right for Jake. And she seriously just left her kid for that long? Michelle was psycho. Seriously psycho.

What do YOU think of The Bachelor?

5 comments:

Elizabeth Marie said...

Holly,

Elizabeth Stuart here. I have also, sadly, been sucked into "The Bachelor" (and I don't even have a baby to use as an excuse). I'm am 100 percent with you on Vienna. SO ridiculous. Does the girl ever have a real thought? The vacant stare she sports most of the time would suggest otherwise. I liked Ali for the first couple episodes, but now she's just a self righteous brat. The thing I don't get, though, is how come everyone is "in love" with Jake? They didn't meet him until the show started, right? I would conjecture that at least ONE was disillusioned when they actually spent time with him (or do they tell them to pretend they're in love for the sake of the drama?). Also, everything seems really shallow. They talk about how they want him all to themselves, then they sigh and he kisses them. Then the next girl does the exact same thing. Seems just like falling in love to me. Lol. Weird.

Anyway. I love you. I love your blog. And your cute little girl is about, well, the cutest little girl ever.

Have a happy day. :)

Cy said...

I can't believe I've lost another daughter to these shows. :) I think they should just create one "mega" show that folds in all the others. It could be called something like. You have "24" hours to find the "LOST" "AMERICAN IDOL" who "THINKS THEY CAN DANCE" on "SURVIVOR". What do you think? :)

Julie said...

I think your Dad is the funniest man alive! I am not biased.
Love, Mom

gaye said...

But Butch, does he have to be bachelor???
Holly I am with you. I watch the bachelor as well... hate to admit it.

Amanda said...

I LOVE this show. Ali is driving me bananas. Vienna doesn't bug me nearly as bad as Ali. I am voting for Tenley, though I think Corrie has potential. We'll see. And let's just hope they eliminate fewer people next week than shorten the show.