Friday, September 18, 2009

Shoes, glorious shoes

One of the big employers in town for many years was a Chaco factory. They make great hiking sandals and boots and sell good, quality shoes. Earlier this year, they shut down the local factory and outsourced to China. We bought our house from a couple that had to move because they lost their jobs. It was all very sad.

Except...

Ya know one benefit of a shoe factory closing? Sales. Lots of sales. I just found out yesterday that every Friday afternoon they open up to try to get rid of the last of their inventory. They don't have much left, but ya know what they have a lot of? Women's size 7. And I just happen to be a size 7.

Now, I know for a lot of you that generates feelings of "whoop-de-doo, big deal, eye roll," etc. But usually size 7 is the first to go because it's so common. I guess people here have big feet. Anyway, I got 3 pairs of shoes that would normally total for around $350 for $30, including the boots I have pictured here. Every pair of shoes is on sale for $10. They all have some kind of minor defect, but I couldn't find them on any of my shoes.

So if any of you size 7 women out there live in snowy weather or enjoy hiking or just want some good, cheap shoes, let me know before next Friday and I'll see what I can do!

1 comment:

Christa said...

So do they only have boots? Do they have any sandals or flip flops?